Affording a Hudson Montessori School Education
At Hudson Montessori School, we are committed to supporting our families. Our financial aid program is one aspect of this support.
Financial aid is available to the families of all current and prospective HMS students who demonstrate need. Please note, however, that financial aid awards typically do not exceed 85 percent of tuition.
To ensure objectivity, HMS uses FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition) to evaluate applications. FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis, which includes recommendations of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. This is forwarded to our financial aid committee for review. The committee then makes a determination and notifies the family by letter. All information is held in strict confidence.
Financial aid grants are awarded on a one-year basis. Families who have applied in the past must reapply each year.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
1. Go to the FAST website and fill out an application. Please note:
- Applications are made on-line and are self-guided.
- You may navigate in and out of the program, allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time.
- Online email and 24/7 helpline is provided.
2. Submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than February 28.
- In order to submit, you will need to pay the $43 application fee online by credit card.
- If you do not have a credit card, please contact Business Manager Lori McConnaughey at email@example.com.
3. After completing the online application, you will be required to mail, fax or upload supporting documents to FAST no later than February 28. These include:
- A copy of both parents’ or guardians’ 2018 federal and state tax returns with all schedules and W-2s.
- The Supplemental Information Form, which will be provided by FAST upon completion of the online application.
- If you are mailing documents, the address is:
FAST Processing, ISM
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
(Include “Hudson Montessori School” on the outside of the envelope to ensure faster processing of your application.)
4. Financial Aid determinations are made by March 8. Families are notified by letter by March 22. Applications received after the March deadline will be considered pending available funds.
IMPORTANT FINANCIAL AID DATES
December, 2018: Application submission opens
February 28, 2019: Deadline for submission of application and supporting materials
For more information, contact:
Director of Admissions