Elementary Faculty Member
Hudson Montessori School is seeking an Upper-Elementary faculty member starting in August 2019.
Founded in 1962, Hudson Montessori School serves children from 18 months through 8th grade. We have four elementary classrooms, two serving ages 6-9 and two serving ages 9-12.
The optimal candidate will help his/her students meet our school’s mission: to foster a Montessori educational environment conducive to each child's unique qualities and abilities for the development of social, emotional, and reasoning skills that are essential for a lifetime of independent, creative thinking and learning in the world community.
Major Roles and Associated Responsibilities
1. Deliver a fully-implemented Montessori experience to Upper Elementary students.
2. Communicate and partner with parents on student progress.
3. Collaborate with faculty members on curriculum planning, assessment and student discussions.
4. Collaborate with admissions-team on recruitment, selection, and placement of prospective students.
5. Other duties as assigned by Head of School.
Qualifications and Characteristics
1. A strong commitment to the Mission and Strategic Plan of Hudson Montessori School.
2. An undergraduate degree.
3. Montessori Elementary training (AMI or AMS).
4. Experience leading a Montessori classroom is preferred. Experience with children is required.
5. An understanding of the role of “customer service” in an independent school.
6. Warm, strong communication skills.
7. A sense of humor, a commitment to teamwork, an affable personality, and a love of children and schools.
A competitive salary, professional development, and benefit package will be offered.
Please email your resume, a cover letter, and a list of three (3) references to Abigail Wexler, Director of Teaching and Learning, at email@example.com by April 1, 2019.
Hudson Montessori School is seeking substitute teachers for the 2018-2019 school year. Prior experience in early childhood and elementary school is preferred but not required. Please email Matt Virgil at firstname.lastname@example.org a current resume to express interest in a substitute position.
Hudson Montessori School has made a difference in the lives of countless students. Former parents and students remember fondly the teachers and staff who shared enthusiasm, kindness and knowledge with them. The influence of an HMS experience doesn’t end after Middle School; it lasts a lifetime.
We invite you to join our staff of committed educators.
HMS offers competitive salaries, benefits and professional opportunities, and welcomes candidates who add to the racial, cultural, religious and gender diversity of the school community.
Hudson Montessori School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected by law, in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid program, athletic and other school-administered programs or the employment of staff.