Additional Ways to Support HMS
There are many ways in which individuals can invest in the future of Hudson Montessori School, each of which provides certain advantages to the donor and all of which enrich the learning environment for HMS students. The following describles those options. Please remember that all donations are 100% tax-deductible and can be paid in the form of cash, check, credit card or securities.
Our annual spring auction offers an evening of food, fun, and friendship, as well as an opportunity to support Hudson Montessori School.
The HMS Endowment Fund was created more than 20 years ago as an investment for the school's future. With endowment funds, the principle is not touched; only distributable income generated by the investment of the principle is eligible for spending.
In addition to non-restricted donations to the general fund, the following restricted Endowment Funds are available for your support:
- The Achamma Koshy Literacy Endowment Fund commemorates the love of learning that our retired Children's House directress shared with her students. Allocated funds will be used to enhance the educational opportunities for our students relating to literacy.
- The Molly White Volunteer Endowment Fund honors Molly White's (one of the HMS founders) years of dedication to the school. Funds generated from donations to this fund will be used to encourage and sustain volunteer activities for the students, staff, faculty and families of HMS.
- The Stephen Louis Gyomber Endowment Fund was established in memory of Steve and Kathy Gyomber's son. Funds generated from donations to this fund will be used to purchase new or updated books for the HMS library.
- Scholarship Fund - Allocated funds provide additional dollars for tuition assistance.
- Maintenance Fund - Allocated funds provide additional dollars for general facility maintenance.
Honorary or Memorial Gifts
All donations to Hudson Montessori School can be made in honor or in memory of a special person or occasion.
Many employers will match all or part of their employee's (or spouse's) gifts to support education. Please check with your company's HR department to determine if your donation is eligible.